I lead a series of small group writing workshops each year. Each workshop has a maximum of just 9 students, and runs across 3 months. These workshops support writers to do their best writing in and immersive and supportive environment, receiving expert guidance and feedback from me, along with feedback and a sense of community from the other writers.
Winter workshop rested; next session is the Spring 23 Writing Workshop, Sept 25 – Dec 18
Participants produce thousands of words, explore new ideas and projects, and very often return to ‘old’ manuscripts with new insights and enthusiasm. I love to inspire, encourage and challenge writers to produce their best work. I ensure that there’s no bad vibes, and that everyone feels confident to share their work.
The workshop is comprised of six 2-week writing and feedback blocks, each of which includes a one hour workshop via zoom. In the first week of each block you focus on writing and then posting your work. The second week of each block involves you in reading the work of two other writers, giving feedback and receiving feedback from them and myself. Your workshop group changes each block. I provide feedback on everyone’s work throughout. Each writer receives feedback every fortnight, along with a zoom workshop.
Queries. Enrolling. Email me to placed on the wait list and I’ll email you when enrolments open in August. email@example.com or click here for my contact form.
Dates and Times
Structure: 7 x fortnights, working online with a fortnightly zoom meeting of all participants (maximum 9 students):
- Introductory meeting (zoom) September 25, Monday 7-8pm AEST.
- Then six workshop sessions Mondays 7-8pm: 9 October; 23 October; 6 November; 20 November; 4 December; 18 December.
- The workshop is run from the user-friendly learning platform WetInk, which is dedicated to creative writing teaching and workshop space. Face to face meetings use zoom.
The workshop is suitable if you’re:
- You’re starting, planning or underway with a work and keen to have feedback on it,
- You’re writing a short story, flash fiction/nonfiction, memoir, novel (all genres), hybrid works of narrative essay or narrative poetry etc. You’re writing, but you’re not sure ‘what’ exactly you’re writing.
- You want to be challenged to try new techniques and develop new skills in the craft of writing,
- You’re blocked or stuck with an idea or manuscript and need feedback to find ways to approach the work and get it going again,
- You’re feeling that you urgently need a deadline and insightful readers, and for whatever reason (demands of work or family etc) are finding it challenging to maintain a regular writing habit,
- You want to spend time talking to other writers about what you love most, writing and reading,
- AND, you’re prepared to provide and to receive written feedback, and meet the fortnightly writing and feedback deadlines.
You’ll be working on whatever writing you’re wanting to develop. This might be an ‘old’ novel or short story, memoir or hybrid work; it might be a new work that you want to embark upon; or perhaps you want to experiment with something and need feedback to see if you’re on the right track. Whatever your project is, this workshop is dedicated to supporting each writer to write their best work and to feel good about the writing experience.
What the students have said and experienced. Click here for comments and insights from past participant writers …
Cost & Payment
- $685.00 New participant.
- $635.00 Alumni: you have completed one or more of my workshops.
- Payment options: PayPal (includes “Pay in 4”, PayPal’s buy now, pay later instalment option); Credit card, Apple Pay. Following payment, you’ll receive a receipt and an email from me confirming payment and providing you with further information about your enrolment and the workshop.
Register and Pay: click here – ENrolments open in August
A 100% refund or credit is available within a week following payments up to Sept 4 , and a 50% refund or credit is available up to 10 September. No refunds or credits after that date, though the enrolment can be transferred to another suitable participant if they’re available and the workshop has not yet begun. A maximum of 9 participants can enrol.
- Spring 23 Workshop, Sept 25 – Dec 18 (OPEN)
- Summer 23 Workshop, Jan 17 – April 11
- Autumn 22 Workshop, 27 April – 6 July 2022
- Spring 22 Workshop, 6 Sept – 29 Nov 2022
- Summer 21 Workshop 18 Nov- 17 Feb 2022