13th April — 6th July
This is an intensive series of online and zoom workshops that will encourage a regular writing practice, with each participant submitting a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 2000 words fortnightly, for feedback and discussion. Our focus is on narrative in any style in the genres of novel, short story, creative nonfiction, memoir.
The workshop is comprised of six 2-week blocks. The first week of each block is dedicated to writing and posting of new work, the second week to critiquing, concluding with a zoom workshop.
Writing prompts and other discussions during the workshop blocks support each participant to write regularly, to try new techniques and expand on their craft.
This Workshop is suitable for you if you fit any of the following—
- You’re well underway with a project and keen to have feedback on it
- You want to be challenged to try new techniques and develop new skills in the craft of writing
- You’re blocked or stuck with an idea or manuscript and need feedback to find new ways to approach the work and get it going again;
- You’re feeling that you urgently need a deadline and a readership, and for whatever reason (demands of work or family etc) are finding it challenging to maintain a regular writing habit;
- You want to spend time talking to other writers about what you love most, writing and reading.
Individual feedback from Jane Messer
The Workshop package includes comprehensive written feedback from myself to a final piece of your creative writing up to 2000 words, along with lessons, prompts and fortnightly feedback.
Wednesday 13th April—July 29th. The online workshops are asynchronous: log in and post anytime during the fortnight. The introductory zoom meeting on the 13th April is followed by six zoom workshops: live/synchronous. They are held on alternating Wednesday and Friday evenings (see dates below).
Workshopping creative writing is not a natural skill, it’s a learned practice. I provide guidance on this critical component of the workshop and we give time to discussing how to give and receive feedback that’s both generous and critical.
I (she/her) am committed to providing a supportive and welcoming space for all participants and their writing. Please contact me about anything you would like me to know before enrolling or with any questions that you have.
The estimated workload for each fortnight is 8+ hours of your own writing, reading of creative writing by peers, preparing feedback and participating in the fortnightly zoom workshop.
Cost: $635.00. Registration and Payment
Following registration and payment, you will receive information and the link to the workshop platform. If you need to pay through instalments please let me know directly via the Registration page below.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund is available up to the 6th April; 50% refund the week prior to the workshop commencing. Once the workshop commences, there are no refunds or partial credits for missed workshops.
- Wed 13th April: Workshop Block 1 commences, and Zoom Introductory Meeting 1, 6.30-7.30 pm.
- Wed 27th April: Workshop Block 2 commences; Friday 29th April: Zoom Workshop 1, 6.30-7.30 pm.
- Wed 11th May: Workshop Block 3 commences; Zoom Workshop 2, 6.30-7.30 pm.
- Wed 25th May: Workshop Block 4 commences; Friday 27th May: Zoom Workshop 3, 6.30-7.30 pm.
- Wed 8th June: Workshop Block 5 commences; Zoom Workshop 4, 6.30-7.30 pm.
- Wed 22nd June: Workshop Block 6 commences; Friday 24th June Zoom Workshop 5, 6.30-7.30 pm.
- Autumn 22 Workshop concludes Wed 6th July: Zoom Workshop 6, 6.30-7.30 pm.