This is an intensive set of workshops to encourage a regular writing practice, with each participant submitting 500-2000 words (or equivalent for poetry) fortnightly, for feedback and discussion.
The six workshops start 18 Nov 21 and conclude on 17 Feb 22. The online workshops are asynchronous (log in and post anytime during the fortnight); the Zoom classes will be live/synchronous.
Led by Jane Messer, Summer 21 is suitable for writers who have an established practice and projects underway in the genres of creative nonfiction, short story, novel and poetry. The workshop provides a forum for the exchange of feedback to other participants’ work-in-progress. It is expected that participants have workshop experience, and understand feedback expectations and protocols. The estimated workload for each fortnight is 8+ hours of your own writing, reading of creative writing by peers, and preparing feedback.
The Workshop includes comprehensive written feedback to one submission from each participant from Jane. The Zoom sessions will include a reading prompt for discussion and a writing exercise.
Following registration and payment, participants receive information and the link to the workshop platform, hosted by WetInk and designed exclusively for this workshop by Jane Messer.
Cancellation: A full refund is available up to the 18th Nov; 50% refund within the week prior. Once the workshop has commenced, there will be no refunds, or credits for missed workshops.
- 18 Nov 21: Workshop #1 Fortnight (18 Nov-1 Dec); Discussion ZOOM 1, 18 Nov, 6.30-8pm AEDT.
- 2nd Dec 21: Workshop # 2 Fortnight (2 Dec-15 Dec).
- 16 Dec 21: Workshop # 3, Fortnight (16 Dec-5 Jan); Discussion ZOOM 2, 16 Dec, 6.30-8pm AEDT. (Includes a week end-of-year break.)
- 6 Jan 22: Workshop # 4, Fortnight (6 Jan-19 Jan).
- 20 Jan 22: Workshop # 5, Fortnight (20 Jan-2 Feb); Discussion ZOOM 3, 20 Jan, 6.30-8pm AEDT.
- 3 Feb 22: Workshop # 6, Fortnight (3 Feb-17 Feb).
- 17 Feb 22, Discussion ZOOM 4, 6.30-8pm AEDT.